» » Animal Care Professional Job Opening
March 14, 2019
Animal Care Professional – Primates
Position: Full Time
Primarily Primates, Inc is currently seeking applications for an Animal Care Professional. Under the direction of the supervisory staff, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high level of animal care to a variety of non-human primates as well as others, including but not limited to Lemurs, an African Serval, etc.
Primary responsibilities of this position include observation and monitoring animal health, maintaining cleanliness of animal areas, providing environmental and behavioral enrichment, preparing diets, modifying habitats, and maintaining accurate records. The candidate must be a motivated self-starter that is enthusiastic and team oriented. This position requires a team player capable of positive interactions with staff, guests, and volunteers.
This is a full time position working at least 40 hours per week, including weekends, holidays, and additional hours as needed. Successful candidates will work in close proximity to wild animals, and professionalism and good communication are required.
* Minimum of one years’ experience with exotics, primate experience required
* Experience working with great apes preferred
* Basic knowledge of the management of primates. Good judgment & decision making skills
* Provide proof of a negative TB test
* Work under challenging physical conditions and perform strenuous duties in extreme weather
* Lift 50 pounds
* Demonstrate understanding of principles of operant conditioning
* Possess a valid driver’s license
Primarily Primates is an EOE and drug free work place. To apply, email email@example.com with ‘Primate Caretaker’ in the subject line, and attach a current resume.
Primarily Primates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug-free facility.